New York Times best-selling author Kenneth Timmerman joins Kim to discuss his latest book, And The Rest is History. The autobiography covers Timmerman’s career as a journalist. From the Amazon page for the book:
And the Rest Is History takes readers on a traveling circus from Paris to Beirut, Baghdad, and beyond, introducing them to spies and terrorists, arms dealers and crooks, and along the way reveals a few surprises about the secret underbelly of recent history you won’t find in WikiLeaks. This book pinpoints precisely when the era of “fake news” actually began in America, and will change the way you think about journalism and journalists.
- riveting testimony of the author’s torture and born-again experience as a hostage in a Beirut cellar;
- unusual insight into the beginnings of the Iran–Contra scandal;
- eyewitness reporting from the battlefields of the Middle East;
- the inside scoop on Saddam Hussein’s WMD programs;
- astonishing stories of French government dirty tricks, the intelligence underworld, Israeli hostage negotiations, and the real-life escapades of a Soviet sleeper agent.
And the Rest Is History is a reporter’s journey from Left-Bank leftist to born-again Christian conservative. But most of all it’s a rollicking good read full of unusual characters, places, and events you will never hear about on the evening news.
Listen to the full interview in the first hour. Go here to buy the book.