It’s Liberty Toastmaster’s Day on the Kim Monson Show. Members of Liberty Toastmasters join Kim to explain how the essence of liberty is the opportunity to exercise choice. Contributing Toastmers include:
- Rick Rome: Promoting non-conformity and individual ideas brings God’s will to Earth. Liberty is a blessing that God has bestowed upon us.
- Marshall Dawson: The opposite of liberty isn’t lack of freedom, but instead coercions and regulatory takings.
- Greg Morrissey: Liberty (particularly personal liberty) is earned. Rules and regulations should be cut down to make earning these liberties easier.
- Terri Goon: Freedom entails reaping the benefits and consequences of choice. Being able to ‘connect the dots’ is a vital skill to have.
- Christie Whaley: The fact that we’re rewarding criminal and undesirable activity (ie, feeding the homeless) is exactly why such behavior persists in our society. We need more ‘tough love.’
- Carol Baker: The choices we make on a daily basis need to fit into the fabric of others’ choices. We’re not so much independent as interdependent.
- Dave Walden: The political concept of liberty flows from the moral idea that you are responsible for your own choices.